Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Morning With Miss Frizzle

This post is going to be out of chronological order because I have about three posts that I've been meaning to get up for a while, but I can't help it. This is just too funny, folks.

So, as you may or may not be aware, BreeAnna LOVES the Magic School Bus show. If you haven't seen it, you should, because it's quite entertaining. Anyway, we were babysitting Bree and Carson this morning, and it was freezing in the house, so we went out to sit in the van and soak up some sun. We soon started pretending we were in The Bus, and Bree declared herself Ralphie, Mom was Keesha, Carson was the lizard, Liz, and I ended up being Miss Frizzle by virtue of sitting in the driver's seat. Bree has yet to stop reminding us of what our "real" names are, and when she said a prayer for lunch, she blessed Ralphie's, Miss Frizzle's, Liz's (which she pronounces List), and Keesha's food.

Also, before all the Magic School Bus stuff began, Neil was reading the kids Pinocchio, and when he read the part about the puppet wanting to be a real boy, Bree looked up and and asked, "Are you a real Neil?"

And then, when we were outside, Mom pointed out a jet trail to her. She gave us this look like we were complete idiots and said, "It's not a trail, it's a straight cloud!"

Okay, this is my favorite. Ready? She wrapped one of those glow-stick things around her neck and said, "It's a neck hat!" So. Funny. I've pretty much just been laughing all morning, so I had to post and share it with you all.

And because I think posts without pictures are boring, here's some pictures. None of them are from today, but they're still Bree and Carson being hysterical. :)


Carson in his "lumberjack outfit." Just so you all know, he was not originally dressed like this, he got his blue shirt all wet, and we had to put the red plaid one one. Obviously, this shirt and these shorts were never meant to be together . . . You can see from Carson's face that he's not too excited about it either.



Bree going cross-eyed. Possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen in my whole life! Neil taught her how, and she's really quite good at it.

So, here's to Bree and Carson. Thanks for the hilarity, guys.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it makes me miss you all so much. Faith was telling me about the Magic School Bus names, but all the other stuff is just too funny. Bree is DEFINATLY one of a kind. If she didn't look so much like Taylor I'd wonder who her father is!! (Sorry Faith, but it's TRUE!!) :)

    ReplyDelete