Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Bit of Creativity

Okay, I admit. I LOVE Legos. Still. Always have, probably always will. There's something . . . therapeutic about sticking those little blocks together. I pretty much can only build cool houses – my cars, spaceships, robots etc., end up really stupid-looking. But my houses rock. Faith and I collaborated on this one (we can not only clean kitchens, but build houses!) and it is probably my crowning achievement. Seriously, we spent almost a whole day on this, so you're required to tell me it's awesome even if you don't think it is. ;)


The outside view. I like the turret windows a lot.

Master bedroom. They have a little TV on the table and a set of dresser drawers that didn't turn out quite as well as I would've hoped. The lamp is cool, though.

The master bathroom. Lookit! The toilet has a handle so you can flush it! And there's a really awesome tub.

Kid's room. There's a toy chest that opens, a little chair that swivels, a toy car (Faith's genius idea) and a cute little lamp!

The living room. Couch, armchair, coffee table, TV, and house plant.

The laundry room. There's the washer and dryer and ironing board and iron. This was by far the easiest room.

The bathroom. Once again, awesome toilet. The sink looks really retarded but I was running out of white pieces by then.

The kitchen turned out rather small for all the large appliances we put in there. That's the stove in the bottom right, and the sink next to it. The fridge is in the top left.

Detail on the fridge. Complete with opening door and cans of pop. :)

I don't know how this picture turned out so crooked, but it's the awesome tree Faith made.

The outdoor table and chair set. Faith made this, too. Adorable, no?

The wee little BBQ. You would not believe how long we spent looking for the right kind of hinge so the thing could open!

The garage. That car in the background was almost completely designed by my neice, Bree. Doesn't it look like a really cool antique car? The little moterbike just came like that, but it's my favorite.

4 comments:

  1. My kids had so much fun playing with this! Thanks for being creative. I love the kitchen, by the way. I was thinking, I wish I could make my own REAL house this easily! That's the problem with me. For so many years I've been making stuff to look like the things I like, but doing it cheaper. I keep thinking there's got to be a way to do that with a house, but I'm coming up a blank. I wish I build houses! :) (Sorry to babble!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun creating this with Becca. :) She's the lego house building genious I'd have to say. I especially love her fridge and stove. Can you build Tyann and I a house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!! The kitchen looks (and is probably the same size as) my apartment in idaho! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete