Thursday, July 30, 2009

When I Look at the Stars: My Adventures at the Switchfoot Concert

Tuesday night, one of my dreams was fulfilled. I got to see my favorite band in concert! I've loved Switchfoot for a long time, but they never come to Utah. Unfortunately, they were touring with Blue October, so they weren't the main band and didn't play nearly as long as I would've liked. Of course, I could have listened to them for hours. They were so fantastic live!

By the way, I actually didn't take any of these pictures. My friend Nikki, whom Neil and I met at the Relient K concert a couple months back, took them. I forgot my camera! *smacks forehead* Anyway, good things Nikki was there. :)

That's Jerome - who was playing keyboard, tambourine, and guitar at one point - Drew on the bass, Chad back there on the drums, and Jon Foreman as lead singer. Jon's brother Tim is in the band too, but he's too far to the right to see him.


Me and Nikki. And Neil, doing a thumbs-up. Without meaning to, the three of us and our other friend Jon all wore blue!


This is the lead singer, Jon Foreman. He is so awesome with the crowd! I swear he has ADHD or something, because he doesn't stay on the stage. He was running all over the place, and climbing up on banisters and things like that. The BEST thing was, he ran right through our group! We all got to touch him! It was pretty much the coolest thing ever! By the way, he's really short. :)


Just a cool shot of everyone getting into the music.

Group shot! Jon, me, Neilybob, Nikki, her sister Amber, and Amber's boyfriend, Tyler. The concert was at the Saltair, and after Switchfoot performed, we all went outside to a beautiful sunset overlooking the lake. And then, Jon Foreman and the drummer, Chad, came and said hi to everyone! There were high-fives all around, and they were so, so nice and personable. Seriously, they were the coolest guys ever! Basically, it was one of the best nights of my life. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to go to that concert! Sometimes we're lucky enough to have once in a lifetime experiences. Even better that you got to share it with Neil!

    ReplyDelete