Friday, July 24, 2009

Balloons and Fireworks . . .

. . . or, my really late Fourth of July post. Sorry about that, July has just been a really insane month. Pretty sad when it takes me until the NEXT holiday to post about the previous one. Oh well. How about I just say Happy July, and keep my bases covered? :)

Okay, enough babbling. Onto the pictures.

Quite honestly, I don't remember if it was actually on the 4th that we went to see the hot air balloons. They're cool, regardless.


Bree and her friend Christopher admiring the Smoky the Bear balloon.


Carson was . . . less than amused. Seriously, he made this face the whole morning, and I have lots of pictures to prove it. Funny little guy. :)


He was a little more entertained by the fireworks. We went to a parking lot to watch the Stadium of Fire ones, which were pretty lame, by the way.


Bree and Uncle Neil. I don't know what happened to the background on this picture, but it's kinda cool. And Bree and Neil are cute, as always.


Another really cute Bree and Uncle Neil picture. Why Bree was wearing shades at ten o'clock at night, I will never know. I've stopped trying to figure that kid out. :)


I tried really hard to get a picture of the fireworks with the full moon, but they just weren't close enough to make it very dramatic. It was a good idea, anyway.


This is a picture of the fireworks we did at the Kreis' house on the 3rd. Bree LOVED them. She laughed every time we set one off, but it was late and she fell asleep before we were done.
It was cute.


Here's the obligitory kids-with-the-flag picture. Cute, huh? Check out Carson trying to keep his feet off the grass.

Anyway, I hope you all had a fantastic 4th, and are having an awesome 24th. I, for one, am certainly proud to live in this country, and am grateful for the freedom to light explosives in our front yards. :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures of Bree and Carson! I miss those two. Carson is getting so big! And I have to say, Becca, it IS a great thing that we get to light explosives in our front yards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, thanks for posting. I like the one of Carson and Bree, too. :) It's nice to have an aunt that posts pictures of family. It makes up for my negligence to do so. I'm glad I married into a great family.

    ReplyDelete