Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Green River Trip!

After me and Neil's week long stay at Tyann's house and kung fu camp, we headed out for our annual camping/fishing trip at the Green River. And I mean right after. We got home from Cedar City Sunday evening, and left Monday morning for the river! It was a little insane, and I probably wouldn't want to plan two trips in a row like that again. I was pretty exhausted, and I tweaked my wrist a little at kung fu camp (which ROCKED, by the way. Kung fu camp, not messing up my wrist) which made it difficult to cast. It did leave me with lots of time to take pictures of the beautiful area, though.

I was pretty impressed with my little camera. It was doing really well with close-up shots. I really like this picture. A lot.


My dad had hooked this fish, and he came right up to my feet, like he was posing for the picture or something. Good fishy! Also, doesn't the water look awesome? The lighting was perfect, and the water in that river is incredibly clear.


Neil casting, and Mom and Dad in the background tying another fly on. Right across the river from here, we saw a mama deer and her TWO babies! They were so cute, but too far away to get a good picture. :(


Dad holding one of the few fish we caught. I think this is actually the same one who swam up to me.


My cousin Katie's little boy Teancum. We invited our family that lives in Vernal to come and visit us at the campsite, and we had SO much fun with them. Teancum was the life of the party, let me tell you. He is adorable!


Our traditional camp meal: sishkebabs. Which, incidentally, is the weirdest word ever. Anyway, the food was really yummy.


Some of the fam. Katie is over there on the left, then Teancum, my Uncle Melvin, Aunt Jerris, cousin Tagan, and cousin Britney. We had a ridiculous amount of fun that night!


And lastly, a picture that I feel belongs in a fishing magazine. For some reason, I just think it's really cool.

Okay, now that I'm done praising myself, I'll finish with this. If any of you ever get the chance to go to the Green River/Flaming Gorge area, do it. I'm a firm believer that there is not another place on Earth quite like it!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures turned out great! What a pretty place...I will have to go there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you got to hang out with those folk! And sishkebabs, yummy! Sorry about your wrist, by the way! :(

    ReplyDelete