Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kickball!

When the whole family was at our house for our Hogle Zoo adventure (see Tyann's blog because I'm too lazy and she picked the best pics: http://dtpangan.blogspot.com/2009/05/trip-to-zoo.html ) it was such nice weather that we couldn't resist a little outdoor playtime. It reminded me of when Dad would play a modified version of baseball (since we only had three players usually) with me and Neil in the backyard. This time it was kickball with a huge ball which made it easier for the little ones. It was so fun to have a bunch of us just playing together!

Ali proved to be a pretty good pitcher. You can't see it too well,
but the expression on her face is priceless!


A cool action shot of Ali going for the home run!


This is Bree helping "Bunny" kick the ball.
She and Jarrett struggled with the concepts of the game a little. :)


Jarrett was a pretty good kicker and pitcher, he just didn't get the running part.


Bree and Jarrett eventually gave up on kickball and started stick-fighting instead. Surprisingly, they were really good with each other and there were no injuries!


A couple good group shots.

Interesting tidbit: once when playing baseball with Dad in the backyard I stepped on a rusty nail sticking out of one of our wooden bases (not that smart, I know). This time, I was playing barefoot (again, not that smart) and I scraped the tip of my toe off running across the cement. No tetanus shot this time, but it sure hurt! Good thing I had "Nurse" Rachel to help me out!

2 comments:

  1. You and your toes, Becca!!! What are we ever going to do with you?! I should have come out and played with you guys. Next time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure had a blast. Thanks for coming out to play with us. I've missed the good old days playing sports with my cousins for family get-togethers. I have a lot of good memories from childhood doing this same sort of thing.
    And I look forward to creating lots of memories with my new family. :)

    ReplyDelete