Thursday, June 25, 2009

Grandpa Hammond's 80th B-day Party!

Okay everyone, I can hide it from you no longer. I am a complete Stargate addict. As a matter of fact, you are about to see the extent of my obsession. Get prepared.

I myself, have been watching Stargate for a couple of years now, and have recently managed to get my friends and younger brother obsessed as well. We started at the beginning of SG-1 and watch about two episodes a night, religiously. One of my friends is embarrassed by this, so in public, we refer to these nightly viewings as "going to visit Grandpa Hammond." And last night, we decided to have a party. By the way, I don't have the time to explain all the references, so if you don't know much about Stargate, you may wish to turn back now. :)

These cookies say "Happy B-day G-pa Hammond." They were made by my fantastic friend, Bridget.


We were in the store getting things for the party, when my brother held up a box of Nerds and said, "Nanites!" He has really good ideas like that.


Machello Jello! Believe it or not, we didn't come up with the name until we were actually eating it. We had just watched "Legacy" and thought that Machello's inventions sort of looked like Swedish Fish, except blue. Hence the gummy sharks. Anyway, my embarrassed friend who wished to remain anonymous, put them in Jello. We were all sitting around eating it when my other friend said, "Pass the Machello Jello." We all just stopped and stared at each other, realizing the genius, before freaking out.


Nicole demonstrating Machello's Goa'uld killing invention. :)


Goa'uld salad, complete with a couple of Tok'ra spies! Nicole's inspired idea.


Okay, folks, now we're getting to the really good stuff.



Rodney is SO CUTE. My brother decorated him, and I was totally in love. Also, dreadlocks are very difficult to make out of frosting, but my anonymous friend did a fantastic job. :)


Cute little Asgard! My favorite is the girl one.


These ones aren't very obvious, but we have an Unas, Apophis, Bra'tac, Dr. Fraiser, and Grandpa Hammond himself!


SG-1, seasons 9 and 10


And of course, the original SG-1!


Okay, here comes the crowning acheivement. But first, the story of how this started. One night, a while back, when it was just me and Nicole watching the show, she decided chappa'ai would be a cool basis for a rap song. She started saying "Chappa, chappa, what?" to which I would reply enthusiastically, "Chappa'AI!" We now all do this whenver someone says chappa'ai. Anyway, one day it hit us: we could make a chappa PIE! Ingenius, no? Here are the results:

My awesome friend, Bridget, with the Chappa Pie.


Me, looking at the Chappa Pie with pure joy.


My little bro, Neil, with the Chappa Pie. He did all the detail work on the 'gate.


And a pic of the Chappa Pie all by itself. Isn't it cool how the camera's flash made it look all shimmery? The chevrons are little apple wedges, by the way, and it's white chocolate pudding with blue food coloring for the event horizon.


And finally, a lovely group shot. Wanna know the funniest part about this party? The only things we could bring ourselves to actually eat were the Nanites, Goa'uld salad, and Machello Jello. Everything else was just too cute, and so the cookies all remain on my counter and the Chappa Pie sits in the fridge.
Anyone hungry? :)

7 comments:

  1. Amazing!

    -"Hermiiod" (From Gateworld)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've mentioned you on my blog, and told some friends over on Gateworld about this. You're a nut, sis, and I love you. Excellent job with these! If we didn't have young'uns, we'd have been there with you.

    (And I still wish I'd done a bit of that pie. Fun stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you might like this:

    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2009/06/25/june-25-2009-the-doctor-is-in-actor-paul-mcgillion-answers-your-questions/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and no Carson on Atlantis? Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I second the "Boo!" on no Cason Beckett! ;)
    You all did an amazing job! Wish I would have been there, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca, you really are the best! We're so glad you guys came, and we had so much fun!!! My kids miss you, and so do I! Some day I'm going to have to watch these shows with you so I have a clue what you're talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete